The goal of the GATE program is to nurture the unique learning characteristics, interest, and capabilities of intellectually gifted students. Students explore various topics in depth through research and technology enrichment activities/projects.
The goals for the students are:
- To develop skills for independent learning
- To generate new ideas and products original to the learner
- To develop attitudes that promote a positive self-concept and respect for others
- To develop an awareness of one’s potential in society
The Gate program incorporates the following process standard areas to accomplish these goals:
- Logical thinking
- Reasoning skills
- Critical and creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills
G.O. Bailey Primary’s Gifted and Talented Educational (GATE) program mission is to provide the extension of learning opportunities, the development of individual of individual potential, the enhancement of the student’s self-concept and the advancement toward becoming an independent learner through differentiated curricula beyond the opportunities and experiences of the regular classroom. These students should be enabled to reach their highest potential as citizens and meet the challenges of our changing global society.